Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Sleepless in Sakartvelo

Seeing that I am up earlier than I had planned and slept a whole lot less than I had planned, the natural thing for me to do now is blog some more....

Let's talk about where I am living. If you happen to zoom in on my location from google maps you wouldn't see a whole lot. We are a ways off the main road and all the map really shows is a grey box. What you don't see is that in that grey box there is a pink building known as the Bazamati Training facility. Don't worry there will be pictures.

This building happens to have been built by the Soviets during the Cold War. Luckily for us they have transformed what is sure to have once been a dark a dull place to one full of pastel pinks and greens to brighten anyone's day. The staff have told us that this place was used as a radio jamming station to prevent people from picking up broadcast such as Radio Free Europe which the US used to broadcast in this area. Now don't you all feel really good knowing that a once more nefarious building is being put to good use?

The Pink Lady herself, I don't think she's ever looked better.
Our dorm room, luckily there are only 5 of us in here.

Our multi-purpose cafeteria area, imagine old Soviets working at computers as the overlords watch from the balconies.

Finally, the conference room. Also used as a movie theater room once we realized we had access to a projector. 

Also did I mention that we are being fed by student cooks? Yeah, not the worst but also not the greatest. If I remember I'll take pics of my meals and post them back on here afterwards. Now it's time for me to hit the "showers" and get ready for breakfast. (Insert Georgia word for good bye here)

No comments:

Post a Comment